Getting the wisdom tooth removed is not an easy process. Though it is considered as a minor surgery, it consumes some recovery time. Especially the post-surgery phase is even more challenging, making it hard to eat, drink and sleep, as some bone and gum tissue is removed during the cheap wisdom teeth removal Sydney process. It is common that most of them struggle on how to sleep after the wisdom teeth removal Sydney.
Why Is Sleep Essential After Surgery?
Though you might be excited on having obtained an affordable wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney, you must be aware of the fact that your body will require an extra healing time. For this, ample sleep is a must. This is because, during the sleep process, your body signals the tissues to regenerate and works to repair itself. Sleep helps in boosting the immune system and fights of the bacteria, preventing an infection on the surgery site.
Here are some ways to get the best sleep after the wisdom teeth removal Sydney –
- Sleep In 45 Degree Angle – After you get your wisdom teeth extracted, keep your head elevated in 45 degree angle for at least 2 to 3 days. Because, keeping your head elevated will help in the blood circulation, helping you with a fast recovery. Whereas, if you are lying flat, it might cause the wound to throb, leading to bleeding and high blood pressure, ultimately inhibiting the healing process. So keep your head elevated in 45 degree angle.
- Remove the gauze from mouth – You must get the gauze removed from your mouth, before you go to sleep. Actually, you must check with your dentist as to when it is okay to remove the gauze form your mouth.
- Sleep On Your Back – You must sleep on your back for 3 to 7 days. Doctors do not recommend sleeping on your side after the wisdom teeth removal surgery, as it could squish you cheeks, and direct more blood to the area causing pressure.
- Get the right pillow – Prior to your surgery, shop for the things that you will need to get the best sleep after wisdom teeth removal. You might consider getting some extra pillows and pillow protectors, for your support in the first few days. The best supporting pillow, will keep you comfortable, and will have some loft to it. This will help to keeping your head face upward, without causing any strain on your neck.
- Medication – The dentist will prescribe some medications for fast recovery and easing off the pain. So, consume the prescribed medicines on time, and sleep well.
Following the tips mentioned above will help you get the best sleep after an affordable wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney process!